Saturday, May 25, 2002

I'm back in town, but slow posting this weekend
The funeral went very well, and my wife stayed to help her dad. I'm baching it with three kids. Also, I'm working today, it's Memorial Day weekend, so posting will be slow until Tuesday, and probably mostly linking until then.

The high cost of tort trials is paid in more than money.
There are surgeons who will refuse to undertake a high-risk procedure where the patient's chances are slim to begin with simply to avoid a malpractice lawsuit. This is not good news for any of us. Doctors specializing in obstetrics and gynecology have been hit hard with malpractice suits. Now, fewer doctors are delivering babies. If you are looking at a $200,000 premium for malpractice insurance added on to what Uncle Sam will be taking, you would probably be better off as a truck driver.

"Bombing wave" on the way in Israel.
Waves of suicide bombers are waiting in the wings to carry out attacks, Defense Minister Binyamin Ben-Eliezer warned yesterday shortly after a stroke of luck averted a catastrophe at the Pi Glilot fuel storage facility between Tel Aviv and Herzliya.

"We are facing waves of suicide bombers, men and women, and believe me that when I say waves I know what I'm talking about," Ben-Eliezer said. His comments came just hours after Palestinian terrorists narrowly failed to blow up the giant facility.

No comments: