Monday, June 17, 2002

Tom Dunne writes -
Don't know if you noticed but you've scammed the name of my weblog, also with blogger on Blogspot. It was started shortly before yours and can be found at clapping.blogspot.com. Anyway I've pretty much retired now (short career in blogging) so feel free to keep on keeping on without fear of receiving angry emails or complaints to Blogger.

I just wanted to know where you got the name for your site. If it was genious [sic] inspiration from mine I'd just like it acknowledged.


Sorry, Tom, I had never heard of your site until you emailed me. But thank you for reading and writing!

"One Hand Clapping" comes from the classic Buddhist riddle, "what is the sound of one hand clapping?" But the sound (silence) isn't the point of the riddle. The point is that to clap with one hand is futile. So that's my whimsical way of saying what my blog might really be.

However, you did name you site (but not the URL, obviously,) One Hand Clapping, so Ii guess great minds think alike! I recall that when someone signs up on Blogger for a site, the only thing it checks against is the URL, not the name. If I had tried to name my own site's URL "clapping.blogspot.com" I would have been alerted that that URL was spoken for, so try again. So that's how we wound up with two sites of the same name, but different URLs.

But I am adding your site to my links at left.

No comments: